A-Math - Trigonometry - Trigonometric Identities (4) (1+tan x-sec x)x(1+cot x +cosec x)=2

A-Math - Trigonometry - Trigonometric Identities (4)

(1+tan x-sec x)x(1+cot x+cosec x)=2







































I posted more A-Math Trigonometric Identities solutions as this
part of the trigonometry syllabus is quite tough.

I find that it is always easier to manipulate sin x and cos x rather then
sec x, cosec x or even tan x. Honestly, when I first started attempting
the question above, I had no clue as to how to manipulate the expression,
so I converted every expression to sine and cosine. This method generally
works most of the time.

Whenever you do trigo identities, you must always have the end in mine,
what do I mean by that? well, in the solution above , the RHS is 2, I chose
not to manipulate the 1 on the LHS because I realize that if I could get
another +1 from manipulating then LHS=RHS..

You have to be good at algebric expasion and factorization to doTrigonometric
 Identities otherwise you will have much difficulty manipulating. Pick up an
E-Math assessment book/textbook and do some practice if you are weak at
algebra.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

I created this Blog after my students told me that there is very little information about how to solve GCE O Level Math and Additional Math (A-Math) questions on the internet. Even if they manage to find, the solution were for very basic questions. I am a Full-time Math Tutor in Singapore. I tutor mainly in Northern Singapore (Woodlands, Chua Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Sembawang). I also tutor in Johor Bahru.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment
test
Real Time Web Analytics