E-Math -Ratio, Rate and Proportion - 2 methods of solving inverse proportion


E-Math -Ratio, Rate and Proportion -

 2 methods of solving inverse proportion







































You are taught method 1 in school.  Some school teachers do accept alternate methods
of solving i.e. Method 2, others will want you to stick to only Method 1. I feel that the speed
in which you solve a problem is very important during your test or exams, especially the N
and O level exam, because you will enough time not only to complete the exam paper but you
 will also have sufficient time to check your answers.This is why i introduce Method 2. I check
with a few school teachers, they mention that Method 2 is accepted for N and O Level Exams.

Just a final note, For Method 2, If it is a direct proportion question please use the same sign i.e. multiply both sides to increase the values or divide both sides to decrease the values.


Additional Math (A-Maths) and Math (E-Math) Tutor in Woodlands, Chua Chu Kang,
Sembawang, Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Johor Bahru.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

I created this Blog after my students told me that there is very little information about how to solve GCE O Level Math and Additional Math (A-Math) questions on the internet. Even if they manage to find, the solution were for very basic questions. I am a Full-time Math Tutor in Singapore. I tutor mainly in Northern Singapore (Woodlands, Chua Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Sembawang). I also tutor in Johor Bahru.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment
test
Real Time Web Analytics