E-Math - Properties of Circles - Using External Point and Tangent Perpendicular Radius

E-Math - Properties of Circles - Using External Point and Tangent Perpendicular Radius.


E-Math - Properties of Circles - Using External Point and Tangent Perpendicular Radius

E-Math - Properties of Circles - Using External Point and Tangent Perpendicular Radius
Topic: Geometry











































































The property "Tangent from External Point" forms an isosceles triangle
between the external point and the two tangents and a third line that
connects the two tangents. If you see an external point in a properties of
circle question, I am 90% sure that you need to use this property. I think
you have to read your question carefully to see if this property is needed.


The short forms I use above ,
"tan from ext point" means "tangent from external point"
"tan \( \bot \) radius" means "tangent perpendicular radius".

Please feedback by commenting in this post if you do not get my
explanation. Thanks

Additional Math (A-Maths) and Math (E-Math) Tutor in Woodlands, Chua Chu Kang,
Sembawang, Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Johor Bahru.
Share on Google Plus

About Unknown

I created this Blog after my students told me that there is very little information about how to solve GCE O Level Math and Additional Math (A-Math) questions on the internet. Even if they manage to find, the solution were for very basic questions. I am a Full-time Math Tutor in Singapore. I tutor mainly in Northern Singapore (Woodlands, Chua Chu Kang, Bukit Panjang, Yishun and Sembawang). I also tutor in Johor Bahru.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment
test
Real Time Web Analytics